National Junior Honor Society
On August 30, Kilmer NJHS Candidate Invitations and Candidate Forms were emailed to all students who earned a cumulative 3.7 GPA in the 2018-2019 academic year.
Invitations were emailed to the students’ @fcpsschools.net account. Parent/guardian information letters were sent to the email on record.
Candidate Forms and Parent/Guardian Letters are also available on the Kilmer Website, along with additional information about NJHS.
The Candidate Form and Teacher Recommendations deadline is September 17 by 3:00 pm. Completed forms are to be turned in to the Main Office.
Requirements and Expectations for Kilmer NJHS candidates:
- Candidates for NJHS must have and maintain a GPA of at least 3.70 throughout the 2019-2020 school year. Initial enrollment is based on 7th grade cumulative GPA.
- Candidates must complete all NJHS assignments by the deadline established by the NJHS committee.
- Candidates must show evidence of scholarship, character, leadership, citizenship, and service.
- At least eight hours of direct service must be completed in an approved service learning project and recorded in the NJHS x2Vol. The eight hours of NJHS service are in addition to Civics hours.
- In addition, seven hours are required during and after school hours for mandatory student meetings and mentor check ins.
- Candidates must have two teacher recommendations (can be 7th or 8th grade teachers).
Students selected as NJHS candidates for the 2019-2020 will be notified through their school email after September 19.