School Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year
2017 – 18 Kilmer Middle School Region 2 Ronald L. James, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome
Kilmer will make strides to raise the bar for all students and close the achievement gap for English language learners (ELLs) and students with disabilities (SWD) by providing quality Tier I instruction and targeted Tier 2 intervention support with a focus on literacy and mathematics, enhancing the work of the collaborative teams, and fostering a positive culture.
Summary of SMARTR Outcomes
- By spring 2018, the gap for ELLs will decrease from 24.4% to 20.0% in Mathematics 7.
- By spring 2018, the gap for SWD will decrease from 24.3% to 20.0% in Mathematics 7.
- By spring 2018, the gap for ELLs will decrease from 29.5% to 25.0% in Mathematics 8.
- By spring 2018, the gap for SWD will decrease from 33.0% to 28.0% in Mathematics 8.
- By spring 2018, the gap for ELLs will decrease from 28.9% to 20.0% in Reading 7.
- By spring 2018, the gap for SWD will decrease from 18.2% to 15.0% in Reading 7.
- By spring 2018, the gap for ELLs will decrease from 47.1% to 24.0% in Reading 8.
- By spring 2018, the gap for SWD will decrease from 40.9% to 14.0% in Reading 8.
The number of students engaged in service-learning projects will increase from approximately 150 students in spring 2017 to 250 students in spring 2018. The opportunity to participate in service learning will be available to all students in both grade levels.
Tier 1 Instruction:
- Build a culture of literacy and learning by implementing the Responsive Instruction framework to ensure monitoring of Tier I practices and use of appropriate Tier 2 and Tier 3 interventions.
- All CTs will engage in the collaborative team model to plan, teach, assess and reflect.
- Instructional Resources /Teachers to support the work: CT Leaders, Assessment Coach, Special Projects lead, and SBTS.
- Reshape and enhance a positive school culture by focusing on inclusiveness, relationships, and respect.
- Committees that support the work: Community Engagement, Student Mentoring, NJHS, PBIS, Vanguard, and Literacy.