New Student Registration
Information for registering a new FCPS student attending Kilmer MS
Current FCPS Students
Students who attend elementary school within the Kilmer Middle School boundary do not need to register. If a current FCPS student is moving into the Kilmer MS boundary during the school year, the parent or guardian should contact our student services assistant, Daniela Cowsill, to schedule a registration appointment with a school counselor.
Students Who Are New to FCPS
For students new to FCPS, before beginning the registration process, please view the FCPS boundary locator to see which Fairfax County Public School serves a particular address.
If you live within the Kilmer boundary map and are ready to register a new student, please fill out our new student registration signup/intake form below. The form will be submitted to our student services assistant, Daniela Cowsill, who will be able to assist you with the new student registration process.
What a new student to FCPS will need to register
- View the forms required for enrolling a student in FCPS.
- View the forms enrollment bundle of FCPS forms.
- This form bundle allows you to enter data once and to have it appear in multiple locations.
- View the FCPS minimum immunization requirements.
Are You Registering a Student Whose Home Language Is Other Than or in Addition to English?
Student families wishing to register a middle school student with a home language other than or in addition to English should please contact the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center. Here professionals may assess your student's English language skill and/or educational level. These assessments can provide valuable information to the local school and support your child's instructional needs.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center webpage.
Do You Have Special Registration Situations?
Special registration situations can include nonparent registrations, situations involving divorced or separated parents, homelessness, foster care, and foreign exchange students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Special Registration Situations webpage.
Military Family Registration
FCPS welcomes responsive and collaborative communication and partnerships with the parents and families of our students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Military Registration webpage.
For the 2020-2021 school year, the enrolling parent will submit student transfer applications and pay fees online.
- All applications are available on the FCPS Student Transfer Information page.