New Student Registration
Information for registering a new FCPS student attending Kilmer MS
Welcome to Kilmer Middle School!
We are excited to welcome our newest Cougars for the 2021-2022 school year.
New students fall into one of two registration categories:
- Students who are new to FCPS and live within the Kilmer MS boundary
- Current FCPS Students moving into the Kilmer MS boundary this Summer
Registration for the 2021-2022 school year will begin in July. Please fill out our new student registration signup/intake form below. A Kilmer staff member will be in contact with you to schedule a summer registration appointment.
Current FCPS Students Within the Kilmer MS Boundary
Students who attend elementary school within the Kilmer Middle School boundary do not need to schedule a registration appointment for the 2021-2022 school. All students within the Marshall Pyramid were registered at their elementary school this past school.
Students Who Are New to FCPS
For students new to FCPS, before beginning the registration process, please view the FCPS boundary locator to see which Fairfax County Public School serves a particular address.
What a new student to FCPS will need to register
- View the forms required for enrolling a student in FCPS.
- View the forms enrollment bundle of FCPS forms.
- This form bundle allows you to enter data once and to have it appear in multiple locations.
- View the FCPS minimum immunization requirements.
Are You Registering a Student Whose Home Language Is Other Than or in Addition to English?
Student families wishing to register a middle school student with a home language other than or in addition to English should please contact the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center. Here professionals may assess your student's English language skill and/or educational level. These assessments can provide valuable information to the local school and support your child's instructional needs.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center webpage.
Do You Have Special Registration Situations?
Special registration situations can include nonparent registrations, situations involving divorced or separated parents, homelessness, foster care, and foreign exchange students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Special Registration Situations webpage.
Military Family Registration
FCPS welcomes responsive and collaborative communication and partnerships with the parents and families of our students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Military Registration webpage.
For the 2021-2022 school year, the enrolling parent will submit student transfer applications and pay fees online.
- All applications are available on the FCPS Student Transfer Information page.