New Student Registration

Information for registering a new FCPS student attending Kilmer MS

Welcome to Kilmer Middle School!

We're excited to welcome our newest Cougars!

We are a school in Fairfax County, Virginia

New students fall into one of two registration categories:

  • Students who are new to FCPS and live within the Kilmer MS boundary
  • Current FCPS Students moving into the Kilmer MS boundary this Summer

Current FCPS Students Within the Kilmer MS Boundary 

Students who attend elementary school within the Kilmer Middle School boundary do not need to schedule a registration appointment for the 2024-2025 school year. Students are registered at their elementary school during February 2024.

Students Who Are New to FCPS

For students new to FCPS, before beginning the registration process, please view the FCPS boundary locator to see which Fairfax County Public School serves a particular address. 

Please submit this new student registration intake form.

Please enter the day, month, and year the student was born. For example - January 12, 2002
Student Home Street Address
Is this the student's first year in FCPS?
Note: Submitting this intake form does not register the student. Submitting this form begins the new student registration process with the school. Our school registrar will contact you with the next steps to get your new student enrolled quickly and efficiently.

What a new student to FCPS will need to register

Families have two options to start the registration process for the 2024-2025 school year. They can either begin the registration process online by creating a ParentVUE account or by completing the required paperwork and emailing the documents to [email protected]. Click on the links below to begin the process.

Visit the FCPS registration page to learn more.

Additional Resources

Registering a student whose home language Is other than or in addition to English

Student families wishing to register a student with a home language other than or in addition to English should please contact the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center. Here professionals may assess your student's English language skill and/or educational level. These assessments can provide valuable information to the local school and support your child's instructional needs.  

Special Registration Situations

Special registration situations can include nonparent registrations, situations involving divorced or separated parents, homelessness, foster care, and foreign exchange students.

Military Family Registration

FCPS welcomes responsive and collaborative communication and partnerships with the parents and families of our students.

Student Transfer