Mental Health & Social Services

Mental Health Resources: 24/7 Emergency Numbers

  • Inova Emergency
  • Life Threatening
    • ​​​​​​911


School Psychology Services

School psychologists are mental health specialists with knowledge of child development, the psychology of learning, behavior management and intervention, monitoring the progress of students, and program evaluation. The school psychologist at Kilmer is Alysa Daigle. She can be reached at (703) 846-8845 or [email protected].

Social Work and Support Services

School social workers focus on family and community factors that influence learning. They provide intensive services for students facing issues that pose risks to their academic success such as parental divorce and separation, grief, poverty, truancy, chronic illness, mental health problems, conduct problems, child abuse, etc. The social worker at Kilmer is Christine Hessinger. She can be reached at (703) 846-8861 or @email.

Contact your school social workers if you need help finding affordable lunch for your children, food, holiday meals, clothing, school supplies, and eyeglasses. They can also help your children maintain stability at school, should your family lose your stable housing. A federal law protects your children’s right to attend their same school even if your family loses stable housing. 

Parent Resource Center

The PRC offers many services and supports for families experiencing traumatic/stressful events, and for families of special needs students. These services include workshops, tutors, guides, library resources, and more.