Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.
Students and Staff Mural signing to commemorate the efforts of all staff and students during this unique year.
A message from Principal, Amy Miller:
Dear Kilmer Families,
We enjoyed the final week of school with our students. Below are the messages sent to the 7th and 8th graders during their PAWS period.
Eighth graders, we wish you the best of luck in high school and we look forward to hearing about all your accomplishments! Seventh graders, we can’t wait to reconnect with you after the summer and have a year full of successes in 2021-2022!
We wish everyone a happy and safe summer!
SAVE THE DATE
Kilmer’s 1st Summer Community Event is planned for Wednesday, July 21st from 4:30 to 6:30. We will have yearbook distribution, games, food trucks and lots of fun and laughter. We look forward to seeing you.
National Junior Honor Society Gallery Walk and Induction Ceremony
Congratulations to our newest Kilmer National Junior Honor Society members! Kilmer celebrated 154 students at the Virtual NJHS Induction Ceremony on June 8. Our inductees’ service learning projects are on display in a Service Learning Gallery Wall on Padlet. The NJHS Padlet and a recording of the live-streamed ceremony are available in the NJHS Schoology course.
This exciting event brings our year-long process of service learning to an end. Kilmer is so proud of all the candidates and their resiliency throughout the changes that were necessitated by . Student groups worked diligently and with compassion to better their community. Cougars Make A Difference!
Student Intention Form
For students who will NOT be attending Kilmer, Marshall, or Madison high school next year, please complete the Student Intention for the Next School Year form, https://www.fcps.edu/sites/default/files/media/forms/it110.pdf, and return it to the Kilmer Student Services office or via email KMSStudentRegistration@fcps.edu.
This includes students who are transferring to:
- Another FCPS school other than Kilmer or Marshall, or Madison High School
- A private school in Virginia or out of Virginia
- Another Virginia public school division outside FCPS
- Another state public school outside of Virginia
- A school outside of the United States
Report Cards and Transcript Requests
Final Report Cards can be viewed in SIS ParentVue the week of June 15. SIS ParentVue will be unavailable from Friday, June 18 at 4 pm – Tuesday, June 22 for year end processing. A copy of your child’s final report card will be mailed home the week of June 21st. If your child is moving, and you would like to request a final transcript. Please submit your request to KMSStudentRegistration@fcps.edu. Year End Transcript Requests will be processed after the conclusion of the school year, beginning the week of June 21.
Academic and Career Plan - Eighth Grade Parents Only
This year, your child is continuing to develop an Academic and Career Plan (ACP) that supports their current work as well as helping your child plan for their future. The development of the ACP starts in middle school and is updated regularly throughout high school as each student’s academic, personal, and career goals evolve. This plan connects to the Fairfax County Public Schools Strategic Plan, supports Portrait of a Graduate attributes, and is also required by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE). VDOE requires that each student’s parent or guardian review this plan at the end of 8th grade and again at the end of 10th grade.
Please have your child log into his or her ACP in Naviance Student and, with your child, review the following information: Results of the strengths and career surveys and the draft course plans for high school
If you have a Blackboard Parent View account, log into your account and together you and your child can view their plan. Once in your child’s account, click the “About Me” tab and scroll down to “Portfolio.” Once you click on the Portfolio, you can view all of the work that has been completed by your child.
Once you have reviewed your child’s plan, use this link: https://forms.gle/Vw7oQtKzgSG7Ku2z9 to complete the verification form. The completion of this form will serve as your signature. This must be completed by Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
For more information about your child’s ACP, visit: https://www.fcps.edu/academics/graduation requirements-and-course-planning/ . We encourage you to continue to use Naviance Student with your child as you both continue to explore college and career options. If you have questions, please contact your student’s school counselor
Free Meals Continuing Throughout the Summer, June 28-August 5
FCPS is committed to providing all students access to no-cost meals over the summer months at meal kit sites and on bus routes. Each site and bus route will offer meal kits containing seven days of breakfast and lunch. Please note that locations of the meal distribution sites and all bus routes have changed from the school year plan.
- Summer meal kits will be offered on Mondays at 10 sites throughout the county beginning June 28 and ending August 2.
- Please note that meal kits will be distributed on Tuesday, July 6, due to the Monday, July 5 holiday.
- Meal kits contain 7 days of breakfast and lunch items packed in bulk.
- The meal kits will be available for pick up from 8:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. or until supplies are exhausted.
- All meals are available at no-cost to all FCPS students and children eighteen (18) years of age and under.
- Parents and caregivers may pick up food for children and adults may purchase kits for $28.
- Meal kit bus routes will run June 28 through August 5.
- Buses will run weekly routes throughout the community distributing meal kits, containing seven days of breakfast and lunch items packed in bulk.
- The buses will not distribute meals on a daily basis. The bus stops are weekly and run Monday-Thursday only.
- Please note that on Friday, July 2, Monday bus routes will operate to cover the Monday, July 5, holiday.
- Meal kits are available at no-cost to FCPS students and children eighteen (18) years of age and under.
- Parents and caregivers may pick up food for children.
- Adult meals will not be available for purchase on the bus routes.
8100 Wolftrap Road Vienna, VA 22182 | Phone: 703-846-8800